Our team is committed to help you stay healthy both mentally and physically by continuing to provide a place where you can exercise and take care of yourself. Right now we all need to be drinking plenty of water, soaking up some fresh air, eating well and doing things to help reduce stress levels.
We also want to assure you that we are monitoring and following state and federal best practices regarding COVID-19 virus. Below is our current operational plan, but this could change as the situation evolves and we receive guidance from local officials. In addition to the CDC recommendations, we are making some changes to our policies and procedures:
Starting Sunday, March 15, we are limiting our class sizes. By limiting class sizes, we are ensuring you can still come to class without worrying about crowding. The class sizes may change as we get a better idea of what this looks like over the next few days. Depending on attendance, we are open to adding more, smaller, classes to the schedule.
Please make sure you download our app “TheUnionSA” and make a reservation to ensure your spot in class. You can find it here: Union App for IOS and Union App for Android. Check our schedule before coming to make sure there is room in the class. Any classes that are full will show up as waitlisted on our live schedule. If you are waitlisted and a spot in class becomes available, you will receive a notification. We will hold your spot up to 5 minutes before class before cancelling your reservation, or releasing your spot to a walk-in client. If you make a reservation and can not make it to class, please cancel on the app or by calling the studio(s). If you make a reservation and do not show up to the class, a $10 cancellation fee will be issued to your account.
We understand the importance of keeping our community as healthy as possible and the incredible health benefits exercise can provide such as aiding in stress management and boosting immunity. For this reason we will continue to offer classes as long as we possibly can and explore options to provide more creative ways to keep you moving.
What we’re doing to help:
- The front counter, door handles, benches, bathrooms, floors and the studio space are disinfected regularly.
- Yoga mats, towels and any equipment are cleaned immediately after each use/class.
- We are temporarily eliminating the use of props.
- We are refraining from offering hands on corrections.
- We are offering a “hands free” check in option if you don’t want to use the iPads – please use our app, TheUnionSA, to make your reservation, and then verbally check in with the staff when you’ve arrived, so we can sign you in!
- We currently have two at home yoga and fitness classes on our youtube channel here: The Union YouTube Video workouts. We hope to add several more videos over the next week.
- We are researching streaming classes live as well as recording several to make available to our students for their use at anytime. Stay tuned for more info!
- We have daily at home fitness workouts provided on our SugarWod App. If you have not downloaded SugarWod from the app store and selected Bust A Move CrossFit as your gym, you are missing out!
- We will be experimenting with outdoor workouts over the next few weeks. Weather permitting, we have an endurance workout planned for Sunday morning at 8 am at the Churchill high school track and a CrossFit Workout planned at 2 PM on Sunday at the Olmos Park Soccer Fields. These classes are listed in our App.